Based at: Flexible
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Data operations
Salary Range: £45k-£55k depending on skills and capability
Here at Vianet, we are passionate about data, we are passionate about delivering game changing insight through our IOT devices to our customers in new and exciting ways, we enjoy what we do and that passion shows, that’s why we are one of the top 50 Technology Best Companies to work for!
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our Data Operations team that is at the heart of everything we do and who contribute towards an industry leading organisation with a strong track record in market leading products in the hospitality, unattended retail, and remote data capture sectors.
There are some essential technical skills and experience you will need to have: –
• Expertise in T-SQL, SSIS, and similar ETL/ELT data technologies.
• Experience of Azure cloud based PAAS data technologies, specifically Azure Data Factory and Synapse
• Good understanding of dimensional (Kimball, facts and dimensions) and relational database design
and data warehousing, and unstructured data design principles. Experience in data modelling.
• Strong knowledge of SQL Server and it’s components – queries, stored procedures, functions, views.
• Ability to analyse and solve SQL query performance issues on large data sets, and to utilize SQL Server
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to validate the accuracy of data-driven systems
• Work as part of a team
The following additional experience would be the icing on the cake: –
• Knowledge of Analysis Services Tabular and/or DAX would be very beneficial. Some knowledge of at
least one BI Front-end client or web-based Tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Crystal).
• Awareness of new data technologies, such as Spark and Databricks, and architectures such as Data
Lakes / Lakehouses.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Advisor on 01642 358800.
“It takes great people to develop and support great products that customers really value.
Engaging, growing, retaining, and unleashing the potential of people is critical to most successful businesses – and Vianet are no different.
Vianet are committed to an environment where people are encouraged to instinctively do the right thing, have the courage to take ownership of issues, to care and to have fun. Caring about people and helping them succeed will help ensure Vianet’s own success.”
James Dickson – Chairman / Interim CEO