Based at: Head Office, Stockton-On-Tees
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Finance Director
Salary Range: £50k per annum
Vianet has an exciting new position for a Financial Controller to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will oversee the financial reporting for Vianet Ltd, the divisions within it, and Vianet Group plc to ensure accurate, timely, and organised delivery of financial and management accounts to key stakeholders and the wider business. Additionally, they will mentor and develop members of the finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Mentor, lead and inspire various roles within finance through regular 121’s, quarterly reviews, personal development plans and team meetings.
- Responsible for owning the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet for Smart Zones, Vianet Americas and the Technology Cost Centre trading divisions within Vianet Limited, with developing knowledge of all aspects of the Group’s finances.
- Produce accurate management accounts and deliver timely, accurate and insightful information to key stakeholders and the wider business to drive optimum decision making. Full understanding of all elements of revenue and costs for the business units as well as developing understanding of other divisions. Consolidating the Vianet Limited accounts monthly.
- Compile budgets and forecasts for the divisions noted above.
- Assist in internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain pricing matrices to ensure consistency and accurate margins are achieved.
- Development of internal reporting to assist in more timely and accurate analysis.
- Maintenance and understanding of existing and new contracts.
- Review and evaluation of new contracts, offers, customer projects to outline impact.
- Provide a pro-active insightful challenging approach to the business that acts with impartiality and enables considered decision making that may impact profitability.
There are some essential skills and experience you will need to have:
- CIMA Part Qualified/Qualified
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Continual development of accounting understanding (through professional qualifications and ensuring up to date on regulatory compliance)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, if you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Advisor on 01642 358800.